Rebecca Keltie was born in Michigan in 1970 as the youngest of three from a middle-income, blue-collar, hard working family.
After graduating from high school in 1988, Keltie enlisted in the United States Navy. After serving over seven years, Keltie then enlisted in the US Naval Reserves until her honorable retirement in 2014.
Serving nearly 21 years total in the military, Keltie was stationed in Guam, California, and Hawaii. She later had several deployments to Michigan, Maine, Virginia, California, Mississippi, and Sicily, all of which helped shape her into the Proud and Strong American she is today.
Keltie wanted more after retiring from the Navy. She knew she could put her experiences from all over the world, dealing with every realm of civilian and military environments, to use to help fix America.
A divorced mother of two sons who have both served in the United States military, with one still serving, Keltie has seen and been through the true-life gamut: the good, the bad, the ups and downs.
Here is an incomplete list of experiences that make Keltie the best candidate to represent Colorado’s 5th District:
- Came from a low to middle-income blue-collar hard working family
- Served in the United States Military for almost 21 years
- Honorably discharged from the US Navy
- Experienced in working with several government and military entities
- Worked directly with foreign militaries including NATO troops and operations
- Single Parent who raised two outstanding men, both of whom have served honorably in the U.S. military
- Worked several careers in the civilian, military and government sectors
- Four FEMA certifications: 1) Incident Command System 2) ICS for Single Resources & Initial Action Incident 3) National Incident Management System and 4) National Response Framework
- Has also experienced the hardships of unemployment
- Has given and continues to give back to her Community with Community Service
- Believes in and lives by Truth and Transparency, firmly believing that people only hide things when they know those things are wrong
- Keltie’s top platform interests include supporting our 1st and 2nd Amendment rights, Education, Healthcare, Veterans and Immigration. Keltie believes in a “Common Sense” America!
Keltie is a moderate who has aligned with the Unity Party because they believe in uniting the major parties to get good things done (and, as of April 2020, she’s the Assistant Vice Chair of the Unity Party of Colorado). She does not consider herself Democratic nor Republican but believes there is common ground to build upon. She insists on listening to all sides and demands inclusivity. One of her favorite statements is “One Team, One Fight.”
“Communication, negotiation, and common sense are the keys to taking on the many issues our country is dealing with today,” says Keltie.
Rebecca Keltie is the candidate we’ve been waiting for!